In Targets shoe department there were at least 10 different pairs and styles of booties. These boots were relatively priced, the most expensive pair being the ones most clear in this image, $34.99. So if you are looking to try out this awesome Fall 2013 trend, yet do not want to drop $90 dollars or so on a pair, check out your local Target for a great selection!
Thursday, October 24, 2013
Boots have been a fall essential for as long as I can remember. Riding boots have been my personal favorite for the longest time, but this season the boots have been chopped down to the ankle. These trendy "booties" have been seen in almost every and every clothing and shoe store I've stepped foot into in the last 4 months. Recently I popped into a Target near my University and I came across this large selection of ankle booties.
Saturday, October 19, 2013
Dark red lips are very trendy for this fall. As you may know I do love red lipstick but I tend to stay in my comfort zone when trying shades of red. When I first saw this product, Buxom's Lipstick the intense, dark shade Tokyo, it scared me a little bit. However, I did see YouTube beauty gurus Meghan Rosette and LoveLaurenElizabeth haul this product at it looked awesome on them. So, I decided to take a step out of my makeup comfort zone and give this product a shot. Drum roll please..........
I love it very much! I think the matte finish is what really sold me with this particular product. Also, the way this product is packaged makes it so simple to apply such a dark red color. The pointed top makes it so easy to line the outer part of your lips to keep all the product directly on your lips and not all over your face and chin (what usually happens to me). The packaging label also claims that this product is a lip plumper. I did feel the fresh lip tingle that most lip plumpers have, however I did not personally notice it in my lips! This lipstick comes in a bunch of different matte colors so if you give one of them a try, let me know what you think.
P.S. I hope all you Hilary Duff fans understand my title reference :)
Wednesday, October 16, 2013
Yes. My obsession with statement necklaces continues to grow stronger and stronger each day. But this one was a great deal I could not pass it up. Last week I tweeted about the 50% off sale going on at the J.Crew factory stores. So naturally I had to take a look to see what they had to offer. When I saw this sparkly dream of a necklace I fell in love.
The best part of this necklace is the price. It was originally $49.50 but with the 50% off sale and a student ID discount, this gem came to $19.99. I know incredible right? If you have yet to check out J.Crew factory I highly recommend that you do. You can get some awesome classic J.Crew pieces for an unbeatable price!
I also bought some other great items that I will be sharing in a future blog post, so keep your eyes open for that.
Thursday, October 10, 2013
A few weeks ago I participated in a makeup chat through Laura Mercier's twitter page (@LauraMercier). For actively participating in the chat, asking questions, etc, I received a tweet from the LM account later that day saying I had won a Caviar Stick Eye Colour for my participation! I then messaged them my address and thanked them for there kindness and generosity. They replied back (which made little ole makeup obsessed me so excited) saying that they feel it's extremely important to reward their fans for their continuous support because they would not be anywhere without them! Two weeks later I had a small package waiting for me in my college post office. It was like Christmas morning I was so darn excited! I opened the package to find the Caviar Stick Eye Colour in the shade Sugar Frost. Then even before swatching the color I obviously had to have a little mini photo shoot with the product for my blog readers!I already had high expectations for this product because I absolutely love all of Laura Mercier's products. Also, I have been using the Caviar Stick in the shade Plum as an upper line eyeliner since July when I purchased it. When I was done photographing the product (I know I'm crazy) I tested the color on the back of my hand and was so very pleased with the color. This stick in Sugar Frost met all of my expectations and more. The color payoff from the product is fantastic and sparkly. The shade goes on so smooth but it does not budge throughout the day.
Since receiving the package, I have used this shade as an all over the lid and inner corner highlighter every single day. I could not be more happy with this product and now all I want to do is go out and buy the entire line! The pencil like packaging makes applying the product so simple and it's also perfect size to travel with and stick into a small makeup bag. I'm in love with this product and could not be more happy. I also want to thank Laura Mericer for the hundredth time for reaching out to me and sending this beautiful product my way. I am forever grateful and if it was possible for me to love a makeup company more then I already do, Laura Mericer takes the cake!
|2 Caviar Stick Eye Colours.|
Sugar Frost (bottom)
Click here to get your hands on one of these beauties!
Thursday, October 3, 2013
This summer I caved and purchased the Tory Burch 'Miller' Logo Sandals. Although the price really did some damage on my wallet, I honestly have worn these babies so many times I can not even complain. I got them in a tan color because I wanted them to be able to match everything (and they do). The sandals can be worm with a casual outfit like jeans and a tank or they can be worn with skirts and dresses. I'm so happy the weather has been warm here in New York because I get to extend the time that I get to wear my favorite Tory Burch sandals! If you aren't willing to spend the money on these sandals, I have seen knock off styles in stores such as American Eagle & Marshalls.
Tuesday, October 1, 2013
ME! I was nominated for the Liebster Awards (TWICE) and I am ecstatic and overjoyed about it. If you do not know what the Liebster Awards are they simply an online award given to bloggers by other bloggers. It's passed on between bloggers you enjoy reading and the bloggers they enjoy reading etc etc etc... (could I say the world bloggers any more times in one sentence?) I was so happy to receive this award nomination twice by Must Have Girl (@_musthavegirl) and Cute Little Bblogger (@cutelil_b_blog). The audience of people I'm trying to reach out to are enjoying the content I work hard on to put up on my blog. Knowing that someone else is loving what you but so much time and effort into is so rewarding so I would like to thank those two lovely ladies again for passing this award down to me!
-Answer the 11 questions your nominator has asked.-Keep the chain growing by nominating 11 of your favorite bloggers who have less than 200 followers, and let them know.
- Create 11 interesting questions for your nominees to answer.
- You cannot nominate the person who nominated you
Since I was reached out by two bloggers, I choose questions from each blogger and compiled them into 11 questions:
1. What three beauty products could you not live without? Benefits They're Real Mascara, face powders and any chapstick
2. What is your favourite food? Pizza! I live in NY so the pizza is always delicious
3. Which trend are we most likely to find you wearing this A/W? Scarves and Chunky sweaters
4. If money was no object, what one thing would be your dream purchase? A private jet with a pilot to bring me wherever I want in the world. I love traveling and I want to see so many countries and places.
5. Why did you start blogging? I started blogging in January of 2013 during my winter break in college. I always wanted to start a blog but I never had the time or really knew how to start up. Although I'm still getting the hang of it, it has really opened a lot of doors for me and helped me to decide what I want to do for the rest of my life.
6. Would you ever leave the house without makeup on? Yes! I do all the time, especially in the early mornings when I hit the gym.
7. What is your guilty pleasure? Watching Keeping up with the Kardashian's ...
8. Name your favorite three Youtube Beauty Gurus. Love Lauren Elizabeth, SarahBelle93x, and Amarixe
9. Who makes your favorite designer bags? (You don’t have to have one already). Although I do not own one I really love Mulberry Bags. One day though I’ll save up and splurge ;)
10. What is your favorite TV Show & name your favorite character in the show. I love the Bachelor/Bachelorette and although the contestants change each season my all-time favorite Bachelor was Sean Lowe.
11. What social media site to you prefer? Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Vine? I’ve really been loving twitter lately, follow me at @MissGlambition1
To all the lovely bloggers I nominated! Here are my questions to you:
1. What is your favorite high and low end makeup brand?
2. If you use one, what is your favorite eye cream?
3. If you could travel to one place in the world right now, where would you go?
4. Mac or PC?
5. Favorite shoe store of all time?
6. Why did you start blogging?
7. If you are in/went to college, what was your major?
8. Favorite skin care line from the drugstore?
9. Favorite fashion magazine?
10. Top 5 fall fashion pieces?
11. Favorite MAC lipstick name?
Make sure to tweet me at @MissGlambition1 when you finish the questions! Congratulations and keep on blogging :)